Install DD-WRT on your router. I assume you have installed:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std . Give your router a static IP.
Go to the graphical user interface (GUI) of your router by opening the url
- Log in with your credentials.
- In the GUI go to the tab "Administration" activate the JFFS2 support and click "Apply":
- Go to the tab "Services --> USB". And activate the USB support and click "Apply":
That's already the configuration of your router. Now connect your printer and switch it on.
Configuration of your Computer
I assume you having a Mac with the latest OS X and using a HL-2030 Laser printer.
- Open Preferences and go to "Printing".
- Add a new printer by clicking the "+"-Button.
In the field "address" enter your routers IP address:
- As a protocoll select "HP Jetdirect - Socket".
- The field "Queue" remains empty.
- Select a name and a location of the printer and as the printer driver choose "Brother HL-2030 series CUPS".
Click "Add" and you are done.